An internship is defined as the position of a student or trainee who works in an organization, sometimes without pay, in order to gain work experience or satisfy requirements for a qualification. Opportunities at 闲庄和游戏 are both internal internships working with our various departments or external, working with outside businesses in your career field.
At 闲庄和游戏, some internships are paid through grant funding sources, some may be paid by the outside program/organization, some may be paid by 闲庄和游戏 through the Project Success Program, some may be unpaid. Watch for internship postings on the 闲庄和游戏 website (below).
闲庄和游戏 Contact Hour Internship Expectation
Student interns may receive college credit for the internship. Currently, to receive college credit the following contact hour requirements are necessary:
- One College Credit = 60 contact (internship) hours. Over a 16-week semester this breaks down to 4 hours per week.
- Two College Credits = 120 contact (internship) hours. Over a 16-week semester this breaks down to 8 hours per week.
- Three College Credits = 180 contact (internship) hours. Over a 16-week semester this breaks down to 12 hours per week.
The length of internships may vary depending upon the type of internship. For paid internships through the Project Success program students may participate for two semesters of their college career. Internships for the next semester as posted on this site about halfway through the current semester. Keep an eye out for postings. Read each of the internship postings as they will contain the type of qualifications needed for the internship. The internship should help you develop skills within your current degree choice and/or assist in the development of positive workplace and leadership skills. If you are interested in applying for one of the advertised internships, be sure to do the following:
- Meet the qualifications posted on the advertisement.
- Contact the individuals listed on the advertisement to answer any questions.
- Follow the instructions on the advertisement to apply. Some external internships may have a different application process listed.
For 闲庄和游戏 hosted internships,
- Complete the 闲庄和游戏 Employment Application for internships being paid through 闲庄和游戏. Application is posted on the 闲庄和游戏 website.
- Submit the completed application to Anthony Warrior in HR.
- If you meet the qualifications, you will be contacted for an interview. In some cases, a direct recommendation may be given by the faculty member overseeing the internship.
- If chosen, you will be contacted and asked to complete additional paperwork prior to beginning the internship.
- When you find an internship you are interested in, apply as soon as possible, as there are cut-off dates.
For 闲庄和游戏 paid internships you must also meet the following criteria:
- Be a degree-seeking student
- Be enrolled at least part-time in the semester you are completing the internship
- Be in good academic standing with the college by maintaining a cumulative 2.0 grade point average and a 67% successful course completion rate. If academic progress falls below these guidelines the internship may not be an option and/or may be discontinued.
For questions and general information about internship programs and opportunities, contact Kim Olsen.
Internship Vacancy Announcements
闲庄和游戏 Internship Opportunities
Internships for the Fall 2023 semester are closed. Please check back around mid-semester for a list of the Spring 2024 internships that will be available.
Local Internship Opportunities
- Santee Society of Care